Prepare your heart for Sunday. Over the next few days engage Scripture and spend some time in intentional prayer.
Read: Acts 8:1-8, 26-40; 1 Corinthians 1:1-2:5
- Ask God to speak to you through His word.
- Ask Him to help you see the world and other people the way He does.
- Praise God for His work in your life, be specific.
- Ask God to give you someone to encourage and to love on.
Do: Encourage someone. Invite someone to come with you to church.
Questions from the Reading:
- What happens following the execution of Stephen in chapter 7? (Hint: Look at the 1st part of verse 1.)
- What happens as a result of the persecution the church in Jerusalem experiences? (Hint: Look at verse 1.)
- What do the Christians who are scattered do according to verse 4?
- What was the Ethiopian Eunuch reading when Philip met him on the road?
- What does Philip share that explains what the Ethiopian is reading? (Hint: look at verse 35.)
- What does Philip have to do to have the opportunity to share with the Ethiopian? (Hint: What does God tell Philip to do in v. 26? What does Philip do in v. 27?)
1 Corinthians 1:1-2:5
- What is Paul’s great appeal to the church in verses 10-17? Why?
- What does 1 Corinthians 1:18-31 tell us about how the world will view the message of the gospel?
- What does 1 Corinthians 2:1-5 tell us about how we should approach sharing our faith?